Sunday, October 23, 2011

Many A star....

“The contest is between the commandments of God and the commandments of men. In this time the gold will be separated from the dross in the church. True godliness will be clearly distinguished from the appearance and tinsel of it. Many a star that we have admired for its brilliancy will then go out in darkness.” 'Testimonies', volume 5, pg. 81.2

If it weren't for this prophecy, I might be much more discouraged than I am. Having just received the news of the downfall of some formerly bright stars, I will admit: I was highly disappointed to hear about it. I try not to look up to people, but I have viewed these people as standard bearers in our church. Not anymore. Where is the power of the Gospel in our church? Where is the sanctifying influence of the Holy Spirit? It is not God's fault, I assure you of this. It is our fault. So where is the problem? I will tell you. It is simple: you might hear a lot on this topic from me, but it is because I feel it is the missing link. We all have faith in Jesus. So does the Devil, and all his buddies. But how many of us have the faith OF Jesus? We must ponder this, we must understand this! How did Jesus live His life? We will let Him answer that. “"I am the true Vine," He says. Instead of choosing the graceful palm, the lofty cedar, or the strong oak, Jesus takes the vine with its clinging tendrils to represent Himself. The palm tree, the cedar, and the oak stand alone. They require no support. But the vine entwines about the trellis, and thus climbs heavenward. So Christ in His humanity was dependent upon divine power. "I can of Mine own self do nothing," He declared. John 5:30.” 'Desire of Ages', pg. 674.3 Are we that dependent on our Heavenly Father? If we aren't, then I suggest that we must change that. Because it is impossible to be wiser than our Lord, and He distrusted His human flesh so much, that He wouldn't depend on it for even a moment! What an example! Oh, I pray that I will follow it. I am not about to criticize those who have fallen, because I am very likely weaker than they. Instead, I need to learn from the greatest Teacher this world has ever known, and rely upon our Father. Won't you join me? There is no time to lose! Please join me in prayer that we will stay attached to the true vine!

Your fellow branch!

-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment