Monday, December 26, 2011

A New Year...

Christmas is past. Now, for the new year. Are you ready for it? It is amazing to know that 2012 is almost here. I can remember when 2006 seemed like an eternity away. I thought for sure that Jesus would come before that. He didn't. Why? Was it because of me? Would I really want Him to come in 2012? Serious thoughts. I mean, it sounds great to say that we would love for Him to come in 2012, but would we really? Are we ready? “The new year is just before us, and plans should be laid for earnest, persevering effort in the Master's service. There is much to be done to advance the work of God.” Colporteur ministry, pg. 17. Yes, there is much to do. I pray that we will all be a part of it! I hope that we will seek Christ daily, individually, and earnestly, to be the source of our righteousness. To be the theme of our lives. To empower us to not only overcome sin, but to put away our plans and dreams, for the much more eternal weight of glory that working for Him brings. Doesn't it excite you to know, that “It is the privilege of every Christian, not only to look for, but to hasten the coming of the Saviour.”
The Acts of the Apostles, pg. 600. In our own strength, we will never be ready. But He promises us that He can and will supply our need! Will we let Him?
Happy New Year!
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment