Sunday, February 19, 2012

What Doest Thou Here?

This is the question I am being forced to answer. Are you being asked this question as well? I don't know how to say what's on my heart, so forgive me if it doesn't make sense, or is too blunt. So, here goes. First, I would like to say, I firmly believe, that we are living in the end times. Yes, there are disasters by land and sea, a lack of godliness, and economic crises, etc. I see these things as signs of the end, yes. But that's not what makes me feel the urgency. It's our people. I can feel an earnestness, a depth of struggle, among our own people, that is alarming to my Laodicean condition, to say the least. People are making life and death choices, my friends. This is all out war. So, back to the title of this post. The question I have to ask myself, the question that I am being asked by God, is 'what doest thou here?' What am I doing, if this is all out war? Yes, I am just like anyone else. I have thought and dreamed about my future for years, wanted to live out the American dream, (nightmare?), etc. But I think it's time for a change. Let's just say all SDA youth were on the front lines in a battle. We're up there with our friends, kind of half heartedly giving the enemy battle, and suddenly four of our friends are shot and killed. Some are badly wounded. Would that inspire us to get serious, if that was the case? I have seen it happen. I have seen my friends die spiritually. I have seen them badly wounded. Yet I just keep half heartedly fighting. Oh, by God's grace, I hope that can change! I am determined to, in God's strength, give up my plans and dreams entirely. Soldiers on the front lines don't dream about their future. They fight. They give it their all, or they die. I believe that's where we're at friends. Will you join me? We, as young people, may be the final generation of youth. Will we be worthy of our high calling? Will we put our all into the battle, as though our lives depend on it? Because they do. Whether we're poor like Peter, or rich like Nicodemus, it matters not. They both gave everything they had. Let's follow their example, amen? Even better, let's follow Christ's example. He gave all the universe had to offer. All He asks for is our hearts, our all. Do you think you have nothing to offer the Lord? The Lord, speaking to Moses, asked, “What is that in thine hand?” (Ex. 4:2). We can use what we have. Toward this goal: “ It is the privilege of every Christian, not only to look for, but to hasten the coming of the Saviour.” 'The Acts of the Apostles', pg. 600. Let's go to battle, fellow soldiers. We're on the winning side.
Your brother soldier,
-Schane

2 comments:

  1. "What is in thine hand?" Powerful, brother. Keep sounding the battle cry.

    ReplyDelete