Thursday, April 5, 2012

I cannot come down.


“Now it came to pass, when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;)

That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief.”


Do you have Sanballet's, Tobiah's, and Geshem's in your life? Who or what are they?

I know I have them. Quite often. They want to meet with me. They think to do me mischief.


“And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?”


They wanted to meet Nehemiah in the plain of Ono. Did Nehemiah come down? Oh no.

He did not. They asked him to come down four more times. Each time, he said the same thing. The fifth time, they accused him falsely. Yet he still does not come down. The sixth time, they try to strike fear in him. He just keeps on working on the wall.


“And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.”


Brothers and sisters, this is essential. We must not come down! God has given us a great work. A work of building up His Kingdom. We must not leave any breaches in it. Anywhere. I assure you, you will be harassed. Sanballet and his buddies will be after you. They may even come at you much more than the six times they hit up Nehemiah. But this work is wrought of our God. Amen? Whatever may be the Sanballet's and Tobiah's in your life, whether it be worldliness, or diversions, building anything and everything but the wall, or neglect of duties, when you are asked to come down, there is only one good answer. Please join me in giving it!


Will you come down?


Oh no.


Thanks, Nehemiah. And even greater thanks to the God that he served.


Your fellow builder,

-Schane



No comments:

Post a Comment