Friday, July 8, 2011

You and I: At war!

I recently read a little story in a local newspaper that we have here. It goes like this:


During WW1, Martin Treptow left his jb in a small town barbershop to go to France with the famed Rainbow division. There on the western fornt, he was killed while carrying messages between battalions under heavy artillery attack. It was told that a diary was found on his body and in the front leaf was found words that he had written; “America must win this war. Therefore I will work, I will save, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully, and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depends on me alone.”

Wow. Friends, do we have that kind of devotion? What if our entire church had that kind of drive? God must win this war. Will we work? Will we save, through Christ's merits? Will we endure? Will we fight cheerfully? Will we do our utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depends on us? Because, actually, much of it does! We may die in the process, but through our death, the war may be closer to being won. Will you and I choose to have the devotion to His cause, like Mr. Treptow? I pray that we will. Praise God for His mercy and longsuffering. He is so good, even though we are so slow to obey Him. Let us strive to follow Him with our all today, amen?

Your fellow soldier in Christ,

-Schane

1 comment: