Thursday, September 29, 2011

Delay is FATAL.

I'm sure we all have our special burdens. You know, the one thing that makes you feel both helpless, and yet encourages you most to get to work. I am going to share mine with you now. Yes, I have a great burden for foreign missions. Enough to devote my life to it, if that is God's will. I have a burden for the unreached. For Christian education. I could go on. But you know where my real burden is? Our church. I tremble for our church. Mrs. White says it better than me. “The present state of the church leads to the inquiry, Is this a correct representation of Him who gave His life for us?”--Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 474. Him who gave His life for us! What are we giving for Him? Not enough, I am afraid. “I was shown God's people waiting for some change to take place,--a compelling power to take hold of them. But they will be disappointed, for they are wrong. They must act; they must take hold of the work themselves, and earnestly cry to God for a true knowledge of themselves. The scenes which are passing before us are of sufficient magnitude to cause us to arouse, and urge the truth home to the hearts of all who will listen. The harvest of the earth is nearly ripe.

On the other hand, there are some who, instead of wisely improving present opportunities, are idly waiting for some special season of spiritual refreshing by which their ability to enlighten others will be greatly increased. They neglect present duties and privileges, and allow their light to burn dim, while they look forward to a time when, without any effort on their part, they will be made the recipients of special blessing, by which they will be transformed and fitted for service.” Christian Service, pg. 43. Brothers and sisters, is this true of us? Are we waiting for something to happen, before we will work? Oh, I pray not. I fear, I tremble, that we will wait until it is too late, before we will work.

This will be FATAL. So, what are we going to do about it? I for one want to be a part of the solution, not the problem. Here are some ideas! “Young men and young women, cannot you form companies, and, as soldiers of Christ, enlist in the work, putting all your tact and skill and talent into the Master's service, that you may save souls from ruin?...Cannot you form a band of workers, and have set times to pray together and ask the Lord to give you His grace, and put forth united action? Christian Service, pg. 34. Does that sound like a good idea to you? We need to press together. This doesn't mean to sit a little closer together at church! This means to spiritually press together, to make plans, and work those plans for the Lord. It means to support our brothers and sisters in Christ, to put away sin, and stand on a platform of truth. Will we do it? It will take effort. Some friends and I are discussing the possibility of having prayer together regularly, and both supporting each other in our struggles, and making plans for the advancement of the cause. These things take time. But what a good way to spend it! Christ is waiting, with longing desire, to see His character represented in His people. Will we be that people? I pray that we will. Has the Lord given you talents, that you may us to bless others? Why not put them to work for the master? I would love to see your comments and suggestions here, for things that we as young people, or older people, can do to revive our church. Will you join me in, by God's grace, setting our priorities straight, and working for the master?

Striving to serve Him,

-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment