Thursday, January 19, 2012

A quote...


I have decided to do something different for a bit. If it doesn't drive you all crazy, I think I am going to post short, powerful quotes, from the book, “Lessons on faith”, every little bit. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! It is life-changing. This one is from page 94. “As the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

The earth can bring forth vegetation only because of the moisture that comes upon it by rain or the snow from heaven. Without this, everything would fade and perish. So also it is with the life of man and the word of God. Without the word of God the life of man is as barren of power and good as is the earth without rain. But only let the word of God fall upon the heart as the showers upon the earth; then the life will be fresh and beautiful in the joy and peace of the Lord, and fruitful with the fruits of righteousness which are by Christ Jesus.

Notice, too, it is not you who are to do that which He pleases; but, “It shall accomplish that which I please.” You are not to read or hear the word of God, and say, I must do that, I will do that. You are to open the heart to that word, that it may accomplish the will of God in you. It is not you who are to do it, but it. “It,” the word of God itself, is to do it, and you are to let it. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you.”


Good, huh? Well, I will keep posting things like that. But I encourage all of you to read the whole book!

God bless!

-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment