Thursday, February 2, 2012

Are we filling the want?

The Dog Star, Sirius, and its Tiny Companion
Source: Hubblesite.org

OK, I know you have all heard this quote. Many times. But I need to hear it again, maybe you do too. Please don't mistake it, she's not just writing about men. "The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall." 'Education', pg. 57. Does this sound like you? I am afraid it doesn't sound like me. But, by the grace of God, He can make me fit this description perfectly. You know how? By beholding Him, we become changed. I believe firmly, that Christ can only bless us with victory, in direct relation to the amount of time we spend with Him. Please join me in praying that we all will spend time where it matters most: with our Lord.
Your brother,
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment