Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What have we given for Him?

I'm sure you have noticed that I have been quoting a lot from 'Desire of Ages' lately. It is, I think, about the best book I have ever read. Why? I have seen Jesus' love in a way I never dreamed possible. Here, let me give you an example: “Because we are the gift of His Father, and the reward of His work, Jesus loves us. He loves us as His children. Reader, He loves you. Heaven itself can bestow nothing greater, nothing better. Therefore trust.” 'Desire of Ages', pg. 483. Yes, reader, He loves you. He has given everything He could. He could give no more, nothing better. Even His sternest rebukes, His punishments, are out of love so supreme we cannot comprehend it. I cannot stress Christ's love for us enough. It's the theme of the gospel. It's what holds the universe in place. It's why you and I are alive to read this. But what have we done to appreciate this love? He sacrificed all. All. Will I, beholding such wondrous love, choose to serve self? Will I eat, listen to, wear, buy, and do whatever pleases me? I admit. I have. And I tell you, it makes me feel like an ungrateful wretch. But, through His grace, I want that to change. By His grace, it will change. I aim to return Christ's love to Him, by simply doing the tasks He has asked me to do. All He asks me to do, are things that are for my best. How could I refuse?

Life is too short to spend in wretched selfishness. I want to spend it, to be spent, for Him. For me, this means the abandonment of plans and dreams that have existed for years. What about you? What will we do in the face of infinite love?

Let's return it, brothers and sisters. It's the best decision we can make.

By the way, try reading the Desire of ages through, if you haven't. You will be blessed.

Your brother in Christ,

-Schane.

No comments:

Post a Comment