Friday, May 18, 2012

The light of the world




Lately, I have been looking for opportunities I have to witness. I'll relate some of them here:

The boys I met, while on business, at a Job Corps institution. (A federal program to train young people in a trade). They mostly come from under-privileged families, with rough upbringings. Yet, they are my on flesh. (Isaiah 58). I was able to be friendly with them, but woefully didn't go much farther than that...

The man in the Home Depot parking lot. Claimed he was in a wreck, and needed money to get to California. He plays the trumpet for tips. Not sure whether his story was true, but he didn't appear to know my best Friend...

The man at the yard sale...

The people that call...

The cashier...

You get the picture? How do I help them? What do I do? Am I reflecting the light of the world?
Ouch. Not like I should. Here I am, memorizing verses in Acts about how those dear warriors of the faith carried the gospel with them wherever they went, (which was almost everywhere), and what am I doing? To have the experience of the Disciples in Acts, we must first choose to follow our Lord 100%, individually, and then choose to band together and serve Him. That's what they did back then. And I think it just might work now. I am praying daily at 7:00 A.M., that we will follow their example. You want to join me? After all, prayer is one of the main ingredients that brought the outpouring of the early rain. It will bring the latter rain too. I want to have something to offer these people! Let's pray that God will help us to be the light of the world.
The battle is on our knees!
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment