Thursday, May 31, 2012

Priorities...


OK, I promised a blog post. Here it is.
So, today I was doing a lot of serious thinking. Things young people think about... like starting a business, buying land, building a home, getting a little bit nicer car... and then it hit me. How long do I want to be here? From the above thoughts, it would seem like I am getting ready to settle in for a good long while. Am I working for myself, or for God? Where are my priorities? And so went my thoughts...
And then I sat down at the computer. The calendar, (which I almost never look at... lol) caught my eye. And the verse on it really caught my eye. Psalm 37:4; “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” I can't tell you how that impacted me. All of a sudden, everything made lots of sense. I'll try to explain. You see, it's like this: If I am delighting myself in the Lord, or, in other words, making Him my all, constantly being in communion with Him, He will give me the desires of my heart! But wait. The desires aren't the same. When I am delighting myself in Him, my desires become His desires. Or, rather, His desires become mine. You know what His desire is? John 17:24: “Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am...” Yeah, there's more desires of His too, but that one sticks out. Friends, that is my desire too. No, the struggle is not over. But things are changing. My business... I want that to be a business of serving Him, however He sees fit. Buying land and building a home? Well, maybe. We have to live somewhere. But, if I am faithful, I have a mansion in heaven. I don't need one here. I will be content to live in a travel trailer, bamboo hut, or what have you, if He sees that's best. And my car? Well, the old civic will do fine for now. You see the point? I want out of this old world. And it's not going to happen by getting comfortable.

Just some thoughts. May we all choose to live like we're going somewhere.

Your brother in Christ,
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment