Sunday, May 27, 2012

Go. Ye.


Mark 16:15: “ And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

I have to make this verse personal for myself, maybe it will strike a chord in your heart too.              “Go”: This might imply you may not be able to fulfill the great commission from your easy chair. “Ye”: OK, this really means ye. Yes, you. Not your friends, not “the other guy, or girl”. YE. “Into all the world.” This is everywhere from your family and neighbors, to the refugees in Burma, the AIDS orphans in Africa, and the slums residents in India, or the neglected cities you do your shopping in. Yeah. Everywhere.
“To every creature.” Not just to your friends, those of your class. To every creature. If they are human, they need the gospel. And friends, you and I are the ones to do it!
I just had to share this little revelation I was impressed with on Sabbath. I have to make things personal, for it to have meaning. May we all live to serve!
Your fellow servant,
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment