Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The way Jesus lived.


That's the way I want to live. So badly. Unselfish, in the face of selfishness. Pure, in the face of impurity. Strong, in the face of weakness. Godly, in the face of ungodliness. I could go on...
That's just not how I am. But it's how I want to be! I still struggle with wanting earthly “success”. Jesus was offered all the earthly success there was. He bluntly turned it down. I struggle with appetite for the things of this world. He was offered that too. “Man shall not live by bread alone.” I struggle with wanting popularity. “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord your God.” I could go on. He defied the enemy, with the same Word that you and I possess. Then why do I still struggle on?

Because He lived it. Sometimes, I don't.

Maybe you can sympathize? By God's grace, I want to live it. Do you? Along those lines, I want to submit that I think I have grown distant and impersonal. Can you relate? I think the internet has helped to cause that. It's easy for those of us on the internet to look great to our friends, when we are really struggling inside. And of course, we don't want to always be bemoaning our struggles. But we are supposed to help each other through these things. To encourage each other in a more personal way. “Bear one another's burdens”? Not so much anymore. So, I want to change that. I want to personally be there for my brothers and sisters, for the real struggles they are going through. And yes, they are really going through them. I cannot longer stand by idly and watch. You want to join me in seeking a more personal, in touch relationship with our fellow Christians? I think it will be worth it.

On another note: what would you all think of a convention where people could come together, discuss outreach with each other and those of experience, and come up with ways to make it happen? As well as having some really great speakers on city missions/country outposts. Would you go to it? What would you prefer, to have it in the city, or in the wilderness? Would you be willing to camp in a tent to do it, or would you rather pay for a motel? Do you still not understand what I mean? :-)
Please comment below. I'll get right back to you. This is not just talk, it could be reality next year, but I really appreciate your advice/opinion. Thanks in advance! :-D

Pressing forward,
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment