Saturday, January 19, 2013

Praise Him!



A quarter to six, it was a beautiful, although dark and frigid, Sabbath morning. We planned to attend some meetings many miles away this Sabbath, so I hurried to get ready, although not before spending some precious time in ‘Christian service’, by Mrs. White. I was having a wonderful morning, and reveling in the beauty and rest of this Sabbath. Continuing my preparations for the day, I had just put on my Sabbath attire, when I heard my Mom’s voice at the door… ‘Schane?’ ‘Yes?’ ‘We have no water...’ 

‘Oh great…’ 

My groan was audible. I’ve had no shortage of experience with frozen pipes…

Off came the dress slacks and jacket, and on came the jeans and Carhartt’s. I applied heat tape, and then proceeded down to the building where the propane jet heater was. I was very tempted to feel annoyed at this inconvenience, on Sabbath morning, of all times.

But, as I grabbed the heater, I instead felt the urge to sing. And that, I did. (Praise God!) =)

Less than 20 seconds later, I heard someone shouting from the house.

The water was on.

I cannot help but be amazed at how God works.

I know. I know, that God is trying to teach me a lesson, that I will never forget. He wants me to praise Him, at all times. And He wants me to be happy. To have joy. The last half a year has been the most difficult time of my life. But Paul and Silas sang in prison, after being beaten. I haven’t been beaten, or imprisoned, so why can’t I sing in trial? Seriously! =)

Our difficulties may not always disappear like mine did. But praise His name, He’ll go through them with us…

If we’ll let Him.

May I add one more thing?

“There are many who are reading the Scriptures who cannot understand their true import. All over the world men and women are looking wistfully to heaven. Prayers and tears and inquiries go up from souls longing for light, for grace, for the Holy Spirit. Many are on the verge of the kingdom, waiting only to be gathered in.”
--The Acts of the Apostles, p. 109. (Thanks for sharing that one, brother Peppers.) :D

He wants them to have joy too. Tens of thousands of them will perish, never knowing His joy, before the next 24 hours expire.

Oh, how He longs to save them…

But He won’t do it without us.

Lord help us…

4 comments:

  1. Schane, Thanks for the reminder to not allow Satan to steal our joy in Lord, and thus render us dry wells and broken pipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often do we get frustrated and angry about inconveniences that are really quite petty! =) The Lord wants us to go through trials, whether great or small, to show whether we will be a true Christian. We can't be a Christian only when times are going good! 1 Thess. 5:18 says, 'In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes brother... what a privilege it is to praise Him at all times! I'm learning that Christianity is something you are, not something you do... Oh, how we need a heart transplant from Him! :)

      Delete