Thursday, January 3, 2013

Revolutions flame, part two...


Wearily trudging down the dusty road, the men were all in a fuss. They couldn't seem to agree on anything, it seemed. Except one:

I should be in charge. So they each said about themselves…

Fast forward.

The same group of men. In the same area…

“And all that believed were together, and had all things common…” Acts 2:44

No more room for self on the throne…

How? How could this happen?

They had spent years with Jesus. What had changed? 

They finally caught His spirit. His Holy Spirit…

Before, they only sought self-service. They wanted nothing more than honor, fame, and money.

Now, they didn't even think about those things. In fact, their highest honor was being persecuted. Their fame was in helping others. Their money?

“Then Peter said, silver and gold have I none…”

I think it might be fair to say that these men experienced a revolution. Amen?

I pray that we as a people may experience a revolution.

Like that. 

Do we say amen so loudly?

Oh, how can I share my heart? 

I know I write often. I apologize if it is just too much. I simply cannot contain the fire He has placed in my heart. I long for the day, when experiences like the early disciples had, are common.

Outreach at GYC… I will never forget the beaming faces, the heavenly singing, the doors knocked on, the prayers offered, the experience was amazing. I thirst for the day when these things are as common as the sunrise.

But I refuse to forget one thing, that was also mentioned at GYC:

The revolution begins with me. 

Oh Lord, please make me faithful…

Oh friend, please join me in seeking faithfulness…

Let the revolution continue…







No comments:

Post a Comment