Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Which flag?



I'm deep in Canada right now. And I can't help but see that this country is very proud of being Canadian. There are flags everywhere, and tons of different ways that they have figured out to show their patriotism.

I'm American, and there's plenty of patriots in my country too. Way back when, the government chose the bald Eagle to represent the nation, (after almost choosing a turkey...lol. Would that have been more fitting?)

I've been to Thailand, and I hear that when they play the national anthem there, you're expected to stand at attention, and if you don't... it's not good.

I've hardly heard of any country who was ashamed of who they are. Nations and their people are generally proud of their country.

Hmmm....

What about Christians? Don't Christians claim to be a part of a Heavenly country? I've even heard they have a flag: the blood-stained banner of Prince Emmanuel.

Wow. I'm a Christian. I want to be proud of my country, and wave my flag for all to see. I want people to hear a Christian accent when they hear me speak. When the world sees me, I want them to know where I'm from, and where I'm going.

Shall we be patriotic Christians?



No comments:

Post a Comment