Monday, July 15, 2013

Feeling His Pain...



I just got back from Faith Camp, a camp meeting devoted to missions, especially foreign missions...

The messages were powerful. The music was great....

But there's something branding itself upon my very soul right now, that can't go away. So, I'll share it with you.

I have pictures, as it were, ingrained upon my mind...

The little girl who no one wanted. I'll never forget her little brown face, always smiling. I'm supposed to be a man: I don't cry. But you may well have seen tears in my eyes when I looked at her...

The hollow look in his face. He held a sign... no one wanted him, either...

Money was no problem for him. But his eyes betrayed pain under the outward show of wealth. Everyone wanted what he had... but did anyone want him?

The desperate, angry look in his eyes. His Dad... oh, his Dad had been shot. And killed. You could almost see the hot, hopeless tears inside his outer shell of toughness...

She'd been hopelessly betrayed. Ruined for life. Never again would things be normal for her. Did anyone care?

He had flies on his face, eating who knows what. Mucous ran out of his nose. His eyes stared, almost unseeing. No, no one cared about him, either.

And then the scene changes. I see another place, altogether different. Beautiful beyond description. Rich beyond compare...

But the residents didn't care. All they could see were the faces I saw. I can almost see the tears running down the face of the Ruler of the place. Almost hear His sobs....

My children! Oh, my children...

Does anyone care?

He sent His Son to help them. No, it wasn't easy. He cared, but so many of them didn't....

They killed Him.

But all He could think of, was His desperate love for His children.

Now I look to present reality. There's so many that talk of what this Father and Son did back then. They even started a group, and call themselves followers of the Son who lived so long ago...

But I can almost hear the words again, even today:

Does anyone care?

And, as I ponder all of this, the question points to me.

Do I care?

I can't get these pictures off my mind. They're too bad, too real.

Oh. how I want to, genuinely, with all my heart, care.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” --Matthew 25:40

I only want to see Him smile.




1 comment: