Friday, July 19, 2013

Our merciful God...

That's the title of the page from 'Our high calling' that I read tonight. Oh, wow. Struck me like a ton of bricks...

Yeah. He's merciful. And way beyond...

Check this out:

“I would call your attention to the precious promises in the Word of God... I am glad indeed that our feelings are no evidence that we are not children of God...”

Hmm. No evidence? None?

“Peter denied his Lord in the hour of trial, but Jesus did not forsake His poor disciple. Although Peter hated himself, the Lord loved him, and after His resurrection, He called him by name and sent him a loving message. O, what a kind, loving, compassionate Saviour we have! And He loves us though we err...”

Oh wow.

“...do not worry yourself out of the arms of the dear Saviour, but rest trustingly in faith. He loves you; He cares for you; He is blessing you, and will give you His peace and grace...”

That's not all:

“Jesus sees the guilt of the past, but He speaks pardon; and we must not dishonor Him by doubting His love. This feeling of guiltiness must be laid at the foot of the cross of Calvary. The sense of sinfulness has poisoned the springs of life and of true happiness. Now Jesus says, "Lay it all on Me. I will take your sins. I will give you peace. Banish no longer your self-respect, for I have bought you with the price of My own blood. You are mine. Your weakened will I will strengthen. Your remorse for sin I will remove." Then turn your grateful heart, trembling with uncertainty, to Him, and lay hold on the hope set before you.

--Letter 49, July 17, 1898, to a dear sister.

That's my Savior. How could I not love Him?

I can't.

Can you?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is what He's been trying to teach me these last days...I'm trusting that love...Amazing love! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I think He's trying to teach it to us all. Amazing love is right...

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that our feelings are absolutely no evidence that we are children of God! If that were so, we would constantly feeling like we're not saved, and we would go into utter discouragement! That goes to show how the doctrine of supposed predestination is such a turn off to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete