Friday, June 13, 2014

Just in case we forgot.

I forget sometimes. 

Quite often, in fact. 



But Satan doesn't forget. And, although Jesus must wish He could forget, I'm afraid He can't. 

Just in case you had forgotten...

We are Laodicea. 

There's a very good chance that you. 

The one reading this. 

Are lukewarm. 

And yet, you may not know it, or may deny it. That's the danger of lukewarmness. 

I am probably lukewarm. 

It's very likely that we've left our first love for Christ. That the cares of this world are choking Him out. 

It's a lot easier to get cold when you're lukewarm, than when you're on fire. I've learned this. 

And neither cold nor lukewarm will have any part in His Kingdom. 

He took the time to warn us, not that it might happen, but that it would, it has, it is happening. 

It won't go away if we ignore it. But praise God He has made a way. 

What if you used to be on fire, but it's gone out? How do you regain that?

Get closer to the Source of the fire.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

(Revelation 3:20)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am lukewarm. I need to get closer to the Source of the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. #neededreminder

    ReplyDelete